bondo question

I need to make a repair with compound contours. What's the best way to get a smooth surface with bondo so it minimizes shaping with a rotary file or grinder? Does working it with a wet wood paddle minimize cling and stick and give me a reasonably smooth surface to work on?

Reply to
RB

If you use a good quality body filler (not the stuff from WalMart), it will flow and smooth as well as your talent allows.

Reply to
JimV

Use the proper sized plastic spreader (not wet) and fill the minimum required in one pass. Let it set, sand and repeat. If you try to fill too much, you will just end up sanding most of it off.

Reply to
Martik