BONNET WONT OPEN!!

I had my bonnet open earlier and closed it and now i can get the damn thing open again! The lever under the sterring wheel is slack and the bonnet is slightly raised on one side but it is well and truely stuck! I have tried brute force and ignorance to open it but to no avail.

any ideasJ

Ps the car is a vauxhall corsa!

Reply to
JONESEY

"JONESEY snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com" I had my bonnet open earlier and closed it and now i can get the damn

Often from a lying position under the front of the car, one can see the operation needed to open the bonnet. Then, using a long screwdriver or opened clothes-hanger wire or long, slender arm & pliers, he can open it from there. Once opened, you should be able to quickly determine & fix the problem. HTH & good luck. sdlomi

Reply to
sdlomi

Happens to me all the time. Left a rachet in there so the hood (bonnet) slightly raised on one side. Also happens when you slam another person's hand. Just when you need it most the cable slacks and the guy just SCREAMS.

Okay, seriously, I don't know your car or situation but have a fat guy put weight on the center of the locking mechanism. At a precise location, motion (L,R,Up, Down) and timing, pop the bonnet. Indi

Reply to
Indian Summer