Book on Automotive Technology

I am interested in going to my local polytech next year to study Automotive Engineering. To give myself a head start I have decided to teach myself a little. I went to my local polytech's library and one book seemed good: "Hillier's Fundamentals of Motor Vehicle Technology" by Hillier and Coombes. Is this a good book to start reading? Thanks.

Reply to
michael_jd

michael_jd wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g21g2000prn.googlegroups.com:

Do yourself a big favour and go to a University and take automotive engineering. No tech school can match what you'll be taught. I'm frankly surprised they can even use the two words for their program.

The university will probably cost less too.

Reply to
chuckcar