brake booster removal- I'm not Houdini---

I have to replace the booster on my 96 yukon. There is no room to move a socket wrench or any other hand wrench enough to back the locking nuts an inch and a half off the studs coming thru the fire wall. How is it done? Thanks, Larry

Reply to
Lplus

did you get a manual? start removing stuff thats in the way, use ratcheting type tools.

Punch

Reply to
Punch

"Lplus" wrote

No...you aren't Houdini...but often your tools have to be. On those type of vehicles, I use sometimes one or more flex sockets in conjunction with each other. Depends on the angle you need. And lately, I depend a lot on some ratcheting wrenches that are called GearWrench's. They can get in a lot of places that the old style ratcheting wrench's never could.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai