Brake light circut

I have a "95" Suburban that keeps blowing the brake light fuse when the brake pedal is engaged. I have replaced the brake switch and the multifunction switch in the collum, and have traced the wires along the frame to the rear of the vehicle and cannot find a short any where. There is no trailer harness. what else could be the problem? Thanks any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
C W

Spend $6 and replace all of the brake bulbs in the rear. Should fix your problem. Look closely at the bulb sockets for any terminal deformation while you are in there. The rear brake bulb sockets will be filled with greasy, dirty dielectric crap, so you may need to clean that out with solvent to really get a good look at the actual contacts.

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish

these trucks are known for having circuit board problems. When you take the bulbs out of the rear, they plug into the circuit board. Look closely at the board for burns or corrosion. .

Reply to
jfrancis311

Most likely you do have a trailer harness. Its just taped up and balled up and shoved on top of the rear hitch somewhere. Thats how my 95 blazer came be default. It does not have a connector on it. If you have a hitch, you probably have a harness.

Reply to
dnoyeB

Got to

Its free to use and you can diangose your car online and talk to real mechancis who will help you trouble shoot your problem and lead you to local help.

Reply to
MyAutoMD

Yes, unlike the fake mechanics found here.

Note sig--------> Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish