Brake pedal - problem

Hi,

I have a problem with my Skoda Felicia 1.3 GLX. Sometimes the brake pedal doesn't go back up to its normal position. It happens for several times or more and then it is OK ... till it is not OK again. I have to make it up with my shoe and then I can break again. The car was in a garage twice, they checked the brakes - everything was OK. The breakes were vented twice but it didn't help.

What can be done to solve the problem. Please help me.

Regards Ewa

Reply to
Ewa

My guess is the piston in the master cylinder is getting jammed when pushed back by the fluid. Lifting the pedal pulls on it and straightens it out and unjams it.

I'd seriously take it to a REAK mechanic.

Reply to
Noozer

Oops. I meant to type REAL.

BTW, when this problem is happening and you lift up on the pedal, do you need to lift it all the way, or does the pedal jump up on it's own?

Reply to
Noozer

It jumps up on it's own mostly. Sometimes "instead" of not going back up on it's own it goes back up slowly and stops in a half a way. Then I have to "help" it with my shoe too.

I don't know how seriuos it is but I never have had any problems with slowing or stopping the car since it occured.

Regards Ewa

Reply to
Ewa

I'd get rid of the Skoda... ;)