Brand new rotor/pads - rotor scored

I just put new pads & rotors (all four wheels) on my '93 infiniti g20. One of the rotors (front driver side) is already getting scored! It's only been about two weeks. Here is a picture if anyone cares to look

There are two score lines on the top half of the rotor. What could possibly cause this?

I should also note that there was a nasty metallic scraping sound occasionally coming from this wheel before the brake job. It's quiet at this point.

Thanks a lot

Reply to
bellman

"bellman" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@e56g2000cwe.googlegroups.com:

It's nothing at all worth worrying about. A few scores is meaningless.

Do you drive little? Do you have aftermarket pads? Both will result in lots of rust, and lots of grinding noise.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

What brand of brake pads did you use? The albany brand(from autozone) is notorious for noise and abnormal wear. Too much clay content from what I have been able to gather.

I'd suggest either united brand(from Napa) or Raybestos(Checker/Shucks(sp?)/Kragen).

Chris

Reply to
halatos2000

These are Raybestos QuckStop pads. I'm suspecting there is something extraneous rubbing on the rotor... a bent clip maybe? I'll take a look at it soon. The rotor looks pretty bad for only having

Reply to
bellman

Would these by any chance be Chinese rotors?

Reply to
Al Bundy

Yes, made in China.

Reply to
bellman

Well, I and many others have seen some incredible things from China. They usually make the items look good to start. They hide the flaws and some can be dangerous. They simply so not care about your welfare. I hope your replacements were better.

Reply to
Al Bundy