Broken nipple ported vacuum valve

I have a 1972 Ford T-Bird that has some of the ported vacuum valve nipples broken off. Is there any way to fix these?

Reply to
air1

In the carb? or little plastic valves? If they're in the carb I would get some steel brake line the same size, then drill the busted ones off and JB-weld (or other 2-part epoxy, of the fuel resistant type) a stub of steel line in its place. If a plastic valve, I guess take the same idea and modify it as appropriate.

good luck,

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I have a 1972 Ford T-Bird that has some of the ported vacuum valve nipples broken off. Is there any way to fix these?

Reply to
air1

I have a 1972 Ford T-Bird that has some of the ported vacuum valve nipples broken off. Is there any way to fix these?

Reply to
air1

Other vacuum components with different size nipples can be fixed through autovacuumvalverepair.com

Reply to
air1

I looked for autovacuumvalve It's autovvr.com for similiar problems

Reply to
air1

I've got 2 broken nipples on my chest, from walking into a wall at night. I've found duct tape does a good job of holding them in place until they reseal.

Lg

Reply to
Lawrence Glickman

Shouldn't be too difficult to find a replacement ported vacuum valve, or you could simply delete the system.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern