Broken rear-view mirror control on 2004 Nissan Sentra

The electrical control still operates the passenger side RV mirror but not the driver side RV mirror. I accidentally hit the driver side mirror with my scraper and wonder if it might have disabled that side.

Whatever the cause, is this likely to be a pricy repair? Will independent mechanics be able to fix it, or is a dealership likelier to have the parts?

Reply to
john.1.clarkson

Most likely you have managed to disconnect the plug and socket inside the mirror. If it is in warranty (I don't know what warranty deal you have) take it to the dealer to sort it out. If not see if you can pop the assembly open and reconnect it yourself.

Reply to
Oso

You may have pushed the mirror glass past its stop. Before you take anything apart, position the mirror glass around slowly by hand. You may hear a slight soft clicking noise as you move it around. Try the mirror controls at various times after moving it a bit.

Reply to
Willshak

if you banged the mirror on something chances are you messed things up inside.

sounds like you need a new power mirror to me

Reply to
NissTech

I second Willshak's approach.

It happened to me before, you moved the mirror when you hit it. Move it by hand, in the direction you want it to go, past the desired position; you will hear the clicks. By doing so, you will be able to use the control to move it back to the desired position, thus having all the power movement range again.

Let us know if it works for you.

snipped-for-privacy@spamgourmet.com wrote:

Reply to
AS