Buick heating uncomfortable

The obvious thing that springs to mind is the heater core has a leak and the fan is blowing coolant mist into your car. Don't know what else it might be.

Reply to
roger

When I turn the heater on in my '96 Buick Regal, I start to feel sick and eventually have to turn the heater down or off. There is a smell to it that I cannot identify.

any thoughts?

thanks Nadeem

Reply to
Nadeem

Is it a sweet smell? If so, the heater core is leaking.

Otherwise, you may have an exhaust leak that is getting into the heater somehow.

Reply to
Mark Olson

Could be a dead animal.

Reply to
« Paul »

"Nadeem" wrote

As stated by others, antifreeze, exhaust, dead animals. Could also be mold growing on the A/C evaporator. Many auto accessory stores have a special anti-mold spray you shoot into the heater's fresh air intake to kill the mold.

Reply to
MasterBlaster

Reply to
KenG