Buick Roadmaster Seats for Various Model Years --- any experts out there?

I am trying to replace my 1992 Buick Roadmaster which I stupidly sold 2 years ago when I moved to New York. Right now it looks like I will have to buy a 95 or greater version for reliablity reasons (I only had 70k on my 92 when I sold it but most of the early Roadmasters for sale are in the

120k and above range). However the key reason I want a roadmaster is the strange 6 way head rest that came with the 1992 limited. I have a very bad neck and that head rest just works wonders on long drives. However at some point Buick seems to have simplified things by putting in a version of the Impalla seat to save money.

I have two theories. One all the limited's had the good seats and all the sedan models had the simple seat with the traditional up down head reast. Second some where in the evolution of the car in either 94 or 95 they just gave every Roadmaster a version of the impalla seat.

Is either of those correct or does anyone know what the actual story was.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Sean O'Malley snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
Sean W. O'Malley

NOTE: This message was sent thru a mail2news gateway. No effort was made to verify the identity of the sender.

IMO, 1991-1993 Roadmasters (and the cheaper Caprices) were the best value domestic vehicles ever made. After '93, they went to that LT1 engine with way more horsepower. The downside is, they are much more expensive and it is more difficult to service (try 11 hours for tune up). It has that weird and expensive distributor which breaks down if your water pump leaks. '92 is better.

About your seats, I don't know. But I would not be concerned about high-mileage units. Just make sure the price reflects it. Look at maintenance records.

For long trips, their comfort level is indeed outstanding. Get a station wagon and you can haul more stuff than a SUV.

Reply to
An Metet