Buying a used car in China

Buying a used car in China might be risky, I have read somewhere before that driving in China is even more riskier. Google,,, Driving in China.

Reply to
JR

I wouldn't even want a new car from there. Do they even know what a crash test is?

Reply to
m6onz5a

I spent a couple weeks in Beijing. They beep their horns constantly, it's like they have horn buttons mounted on both the accelerator pedal and the break pedal.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

I have been to Hong Kong twice before. Compliments of Uncle Sam.

Reply to
JR

AMuzi

Yes. They are consistently failing 'em. Though there is a new trend not to mess (much) with jap legacy frames in the rebadged previous generation jap cars sold as "chinese". Of course downgrading steels used in cage construction could reset you back to base zero. Not sure if they got around slashing a few pennies there yet. Russians are famous for using piss poor steels in cars (second only to french). I;m sure chinese would get the wind of "savings" too. Stay tuned for cardboard cages from china.

Reply to
isquat

Hong Kong has a long tradition of driving on the left, courtesy of the British, as well as a tradition of driving on the right, courtesy of the Americans. You will also find people driving in the middle and on the sidewalk.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

middle...lol....everyone in my neighborhood does that and I live in the USA. The concept of directional/diagonal parking correctly in lots has escaped people in the last ten years too.

Apparently lanes and lines are just suggestions to the PC generation. Drive anywhere, park any way, marry anyone..."dogs and cats living together"...

GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

crash test is?

Parking, ('Any Which Way You Can. Right turn, Clyde') Next door to me, a wo man parks her car on the grass in her yard, not more than ten feet from her front door.The other house next door to me, usually two cars parked on the grass in their front yard. Directly across the street from me a guy parked his big Chevrolet van in his front yard on the grass, a couple of days lat er it rained, two torn up looking tire tracks in his front yard. I love Gra ss, I never park any of my vehicles on my yard.

Reply to
JR

In much of of the rural US, you will find places with dozens of cars parked on the grass, many of which have not run for years.

Reply to
T0m $herman

I used to have a Renault 11, and I am not sure if it was made from steel or cheese.

Reply to
T0m $herman