California SMOG and Idle

I have a 77 Ford F-250 that's having a problem passing SMOG because of engine modifications including a camshaft change. The engine specs show an idle speed of 650 rpm. I know if I raise the idle the truck will pass. Does anyone know if I can raise the idle to 900 to 1000 rpms and have it smogged at one of these idle speeds?

Thanks.

Reply to
hooperdoski