Caliper pins

A friend called. He has a Grand Marquis, I believe it's a 2006 with ABS. Said a caliper pin shattered on him Saturday while hand-tightening it. Got replacements (for $100!) and they gave him two different-sized pins and boots. We can't find any information on which pin goes where, i.e. whether the thinner pin is on top or bottom. Five dealer mechanics gave five different answers (to an A/B question, go figger), and my EBSCO on-line source gives no clues.

So does the big pin go on top or on the bottom?

Reply to
clifto

Check the other side.

Reply to
dahpater

This could have happened to me: he's had them apart and never noticed the difference until the new pins. He only noticed on the new ones because one pin is fluted on the new ones. So the other side is probably put together with whatever pin fit wherever.

Reply to
clifto

What is this "Canada" place? Is it near Finland?

Reply to
George

Yup, we are just a little hop across the fast melting ice eh.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's - Gone to the rust pile... Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view! Jan/06
Mike Romain

Not far, but I wouldn't want to walk it.

Reply to
clifto