Cam position sensor (CMP) removal? (Cavalier)

('99 Cavalier 2.2L)

I have an intermittent CEL, with a Cam Position Sensor DTC. I'd like to at least check the connector, but I'm having trouble reaching it. It's on the back side of the engine.

The Chevy book just says to remove the right wheel, and reach in. That would work better for Mr. Rubber Man - I can just barely touch the thing that way. From the top, it's blocked by the intake manifold. From the bottom, I can't reach over the transaxle.

Has anyone done this? I feel like I'm just not seeing it right.

TIA, George

Reply to
George