Can't get the key out

Got a 1996 Monte Carlo that won't give up the ignition key. Wiggling the shifter doesn't help. What usually causes this, and will I have to replace the ignition switch? Your help is appreciated.

Thanks, Dennis

Reply to
Dennis

Squirt a little bit of WD-40.That might help.When you get the key out,get a new key made and try that. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Thanks for the information. I finally got it out by wiggling the steering wheel.

Reply to
Dennis

I am ''torque steering'' on doggys couch.I could addemdem to that.But I won't. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin