Car alarm problems - 2000 camry

I have a 2000 Camry I just had an alarm installed (Pacific Audio, Sacramento, CA - don't know what their rep is, I wouldn't rate them very good). It is an audiovox prestige APS510. I have a couple of problems with it, don't know if they are stupid things, maybe you people can help me out. First problem is when I get out of the car after I turn it off I grab the outside of the door to get out and I get a little snap of static every time. It's pretty annoying to say the least and possibly dangerous in the gas station. The second problem is that the manual clearly states I can activate the alarm silently by holding the trigger button down for 2 seconds and it doesn't work, just activates normally. I took it in and the manager said 'it's easy you just go like this" and tries it a few times, fiddles around under the dash for a minute, gets up and proclaims "This alarm doesn't have that feature" and says he can activate it either silent or toned, but no options. This seems kind of strange to me. I could live without the silent option (but would like to have it of course) but I can't have the static shock on a car I am planning on keeping for a long time. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks

Reply to
Meese

Here's a link to the product page if it's helpful

Thanks

Reply to
Meese

Reply to
Mike Walsh

cold weather and low humidity. The problem with the silent arming and disarming could be caused by something as simple as poor contact with the battery in the remote control. This is a very common problem and can usually be fixed by removing the batter and cleaning the battery and contacts and possibly bending the contacts to fit tighter. If you can't get it to work they should replace the bad component because the manual clearly states that it should work.

Reply to
Meese

Reply to
Mike Walsh