car crash

BTDT, not a good feeling.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

I generally buy stuff where it's cheapest, and Costco is that for some things -- well worth the price. Other stuff comes from the

99-Cents-Only Store and other stuff from Ralph's and Trader Joe's. Shopping is an art :-)

I have some orange surveyor's tape...

Maybe 25 years ago I put a Barbie head on the antenna of my 1980 Sentra and then transferred it to our battered 1970 orange Caltrans Dodge pickup, which is generally easy to find in a parking lot. It's interesting to watch the deterioration. Her face developed giant black warts and part of her hair fell off.

Reply to
The Real Bev

I liked to tell inquiring types that for a car to carry stuff it will look like a shoe box. For zip it will look like a watermelon seed, and thus the many similarities between cars as they meet engineering goals.

There is other stuff. I may annoy folks, but much of the artistic presentat ion on some heavy vehicles is "brutalist". The high broad flat face is to s how what kind of crowd you are in. I was particularly annoyed by it when I remembered the 1970's goal of making bumpers lower than knee height so coll ision with a pedestrian would scoop them up to be rolled off to the side. T he brutes will cause more damage and reduce visibility in the accident zone .

Reply to
synthius2002

The Real Bev

With it's hair in the wind.