Car hauling trucks.

Years and years ago I used to see them on the highways, hauling new cars to the dealerships. I guess nowadays the dealerships send people to the Railheads to get the new cars and drive them to the dealerships.

Reply to
JR

dealerships. I guess nowadays the dealerships send people to the Railheads to get the new cars and drive them to the dealerships.

I dunno, JR. I see an awful lot of them on rt. 95. I hate driving behind them.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

the dealerships. I guess nowadays the dealerships send people to the Railheads to get the new cars and drive them to the dealerships.

Until recent retirement, I worked at a dealership. Volvos and Jaguars were delivered from the port in CA by "portable parking lot" car haulers, some with tarp-like side "curtains" to minimize damage from road debris, etc. Aston-Martins were delivered to dealer in sealed ocean-going containers. One day they opened one to find the car on it's side !! Delivery driver about had a heart attack. Car was unrepairable, sent back to factory in UK.

Currently often see haulers on I-84 in CT.

Reply to
Retired

I don't see as many on local roads.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

People used to buy a new car every 4-5 years too.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

I just now did a Google for, Transporting new cars from factories to dealerships. Looks like Nepal is getting into hauling new cars by trucks to the dealerships. Driving a new car to a dealership, the car is considered used.

Reply to
JR

s to the dealerships. I guess nowadays the dealerships send people to the R ailheads to get the new cars and drive them to the dealerships.

imagine the looks in the mazda usa hq when they got the news of the whole ship turning sideways on high seas

maybe it was good PR for them since they had to get rid of all? most? of the damaged goods creating an artificial shortage

and selling plots are all about artificial shortages in the land of plenty

Reply to
AD

erships. Looks like Nepal is getting into hauling new cars by trucks to the dealerships. Driving a new car to a dealership, the car is considered used .

more so if the dedicated driver dropped by laguna seca and did a lap or two

Reply to
AD