car painting $$

I've got a '99 frost grey Snaab that has minor scratches (through the clear coat) on both the right rear bumper and the right side of the roof. I took it to a body place and they were quoting me around $1000 for mixing the paint, prepping, and spraying. This struck me as bizarre after having seen Maaco, etc. ads for full body paint jobs for $450. What should I be thinking about paying for this type of work? I live in Washington DC.

Thanks!

Cheers, Jeff

Reply to
JWH