Car Polish / Etc.

It's been a long time since I have bought / used any car polish. Is it still called "polish?"

Was just wondering what kind to buy to get a good shine / protective coat on my car.

And what preparation / application / removable techniques are required to facilitate the job?

Thanks in advance for any worthwhile tips.

mho v=83e

Reply to
fiveiron

I think of "polish" as a range of very mild abrasives, finer than a "rubbing" compound but not quite as fine as a "rouge." Polishes, and waxes containing them, can be used carefully for removing swirl marks, oxidization, leaf/bug-poop staining, etc. Probably not as big a need -- and more of a risk, especially if you're heavyhanded about it -- in this age of clearcoat finishes. If your paint is in good shape, wax a few times a year should be able to keep it that way.

The websites of major car-wax vendors often have useful tips on this sort of thing, spun toward promoting use of a number of their products, of course.

Cheers,

--Joe

Reply to
Ad absurdum per aspera

I'm a big fan of meguires. They have a lot of info available for the do-it yourselfer and they are available almost everywhere you can buy car stuff. steve

steve goodsworth

You could always try Mr. Kesuke Miyagi's website.

Reply to
Alan

Maybe you'd like to try the Cadillac Blue Coral Polish I found on my uncles basement. He bought it for his 58 Caddy back in 58, still got about a 1/2 inch of wax in the can..and its blue too!

Harryface

Reply to
Harry Face