Car repair advice needed

I hate to say it, but the Metro is the same way. They are like the K-Cars of the 21st century. The interior is cheap plastic and feels like crap, the handling and acceleration are doubful at best, but they just keep running and running even when badly abused. The whole drive train is really quite solid.

With any used car you are at the mercy of whoever had it before you. If at all possible, get a car with a maintenance log. That doesn't mean all that much, but it does mean the owner has at least taken the time to keep a log.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

mr.som ting wong

Reply to
mr.som ting wong

You have a crappy mechanic. Go find a good one, or better yet, do it yourself (and use good parts, not crap from Autozone/Advance Auto/Pep Boys/Kraken, etc.).

Reply to
scott21230

driving a car is never free. either you spend more at the beginning and then spend less for repairs, or you spend less first and then pay much more in repairs, but either way you have to spend money on your car:) personally I don't think it's worth to keep an old car unless you can repair it by yourself. (I've been there... every time I went to the mechanic I spent a few hundreds $$$, every time... , I sold it finally, it wasn't worth it). and if your mechanic is really crappy go to

, search by your zip, and then by positive reviews. maybe you will find a better one. but you can't win with them anyway..

Reply to
formaggie9