Car shaking after changing spark plugs

Have a look inside the spark plug wire connectors, especially the elbow ones. Make sure you haven't pulled the metal connector back into the rubber shield when you pulled the connectors off. I had that happen to my Pontiac. An easy way to check is to press your thumb on the top of the connector when it's still attached and see if you feel the top of the spark plug. Check the distributor connections for the same thing.

Reply to
Heyjohn

It happens really fast on some of them and it has been going on for a few years, since they came out I believe.

The book could just plain be wrong for a bunch or the systems are designed for a fat spark like someone mentioned and they have a sharp thin spark.

Meanwhile I get great results with Champion plugs in my CJ7's case gapped a bit big to match an Accel SuperCoil's hotter output. I am happy. Get good emissions and good mileage with punch when I need it.

Mike

Mike Romain

Hi Wei

According to NGK, you can use the following:

1994 FORD TAURUS LX / V6 / 3.0

SPARK PLUGS Spark PlugPart No.Stock No.Plug GapNote G-Power Platinum TR5GP 3186 0.044 Laser PTR5F-11 6579 0.044 Iridium IX TR5IX 7397 0.044

WIRE SETS NotePart No.Stock No.OHV Eng. RC-FDZ030 52164

OXYGEN SENSORS Pre-Cat Left 22500 Pre-Cat Right 22500 Post-Cat Left N/R Post-Cat Right N/R

Reply to
clubplug

COULD BE: a plug wire could be on wrong cylinder (fire order off), you have a small vacuum leak (perhaps this happened during the plug change); others.

Hank

Reply to
Hank