CARB COMPATIBILITY? Square bore to Qjet intake

HI All, My son has a Chevy 350 with an edelbrock alum intake. The intake carb base is for a Qjet style carb. Will this intake accept the Edelbrock 1406 square bore carb with out the need for an adapter? For kicks we tried fitting a square bore gasket gasket and it looks like it would fit & mount without an adapter & mate up without any problems.. Has anyone ever run this or can answer if it will truly work?

Reply to
danielson87

Yes that carb will work just fine without an adapter, however for performance i would go with a Holley carb, much more tunable. what is the motor in?

Brett B

Reply to
Malibu81

thanks.. SEEMS TO RUN GOOD WITH THIS eBROCK CARB

Reply to
danielson87