Carburetor fuel cut solenoid questio (1986 Corolla FWD)

I managed to mix up the two fuel cut solenoids in the carb, and unfortunately they fit perfectly either way.

Which solenoid goes near the choke coil spring and throttle cable? The factory manual contradicts itself here and on some pages shows the 1-wire solenoid there, but on other pages it shows the 2-wire solenoid.

Reply to
do_not_spam_me

Is there a small wiring harness that plugs into them? After 30 years, I would think the wires and any protective covering have taken a "set" and will only fit around the carb a certain way, *without* pulling or twisting any wires past where they "want" to be. Put the 2-wire solenoid where the 2-wire plug ends up.You can figure out the 1-wire solenoid.

Reply to
Sanity Clause

The problem is that some parts were replaced, and the wire colors don't match up but were spliced crudely. Worse even the original connector (one for both solenoids) is attached in a way that makes it impossible to remove the solenoids without either cutting the wires or dismantling the connector and its waterproofing seal.

Reply to
do_not_spam_me