Care and feeding of skid plate bolts

... embedded in the chassis or the subframe carrying engine/tranny

Blue loctite vs antiseize compound? The fasteners are swimming yearly in a sea of salt used to combat snow and ice in winter months and I've lost one attamchment point lately (vibration? hitting something on the roadway with the fastener's head. not sure).

Lots of swearing comes from servicemen upon changing oil and coolant removing the rusting skid plates and the nuts.

I got some stain less steel bolts (and nuts with serrated seats) but am wondering what to do about the bolt threads before the new ones get welded in.

Which is all the more important if I'm to change oil myself next summer

tnx

Reply to
Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat Body Roll Works LLC