Cause of bad igniter on a Toyota 7MGE? Will igniter on 7MGTE work?

Rebuilt and reinstalled a 7MGE in an 89 Cressida. No spark from the coil. The engine was running other than a blown head gasket before the rebuild. It's been sitting for a couple of months while I got the rebuild together. Haven't determined anything definitive yet but if it's the igniter, what could cause it to go bad just sitting?

Will an igniter off the turbo version 7MGTE work or is it a completely different animal? They seem to be more common used than the 7MGE version.

Thanks for all input

Reply to
Doc

I believe the igniter for the 7M-GTE is a different unit. You can go the the TSRM I posted last time and look it up. It should show the difference.

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

I detailed answers to these questions in my last reply to your no start question. The answers haven't changed.

Completely different in every way. The 7M-GE is available in late

80's to early 90's Cressidas as well as Supras. I would guess that it is a more common find that (just) Turbo Supras. Whether the Cressida/ Supra differences would affect ingiter part number -- I don't know off hand. Toyota is weird about having multiple part #s for no obvious reason.

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish