cavalier problem

I have a 1999 Cavalier 4 cyl. with 108, 304 miles. The other night on my way home from work, it started making a rattling noise and it was coming from right side of car. I drove a few more miles and as soon as i turned corner, it died and hasnt started up since. The temperature was fine, it tried to start,I checked for fuel and for spark and it had both. The lights still worked just fine also. I have had suggestions that it is the timing chain/gear and was told to put finger over hole where spark plug is and see if there is still pressure, if not it is timing chain. I dont have any idea what would be the problem since it is trying to start up. Any ideas or advice much appreciated! Thanks!

Reply to
Ryan2708

Shep