changing 2003 DODGE GRAND CARAVAN TIRES

Hello,

I have like 25K miles .. and yday had a blow out... on my left rear tire.( there was a 2 inch hole on the side if it. )

got a new one installed at sams ..

i wanted to know if it is better in the long run to change the second rear, also.. and /or change the front too.

the other tires are.. in good/avg shape... how do u measure /rate a conditon of the tire.. I can still see quite some tread left

also.. one more thing.. the VAN recommneds 36psi for the tires.. which have a MAX rating of 44PSI..

now this one tire I installed has a MAX RATING of only 35PSI... and the guy at sams told me that I can fill it till 35PSI..

is that fine to keep one at its MAX 35 PSI and others at 36PSI..

Reply to
cheerful

If the other tires are good leave em alone

It wont make a difference

Glenn Beasley Chrysler tech

Reply to
maxpower

If you have a full size spare use it and put the new on in the spare box.

If you think your tires are wearing at 25,000 some thing is wrong - they should go at least 50,000 if properly taken care of.

1psi is not a real problem.
Reply to
EO

The 44psi tires are heavier load range (prob light truck "LT" tires), the tire from Sams may be underrated for the application, so firtst I'd be sure you have the right tire. Then I'd be inclined to run a matched pair (brand/model/size) on the axle, but first things first, get a proper size & load range tire installed.

Reply to
scrook

The law in most places states you are driving an 'unsafe vehicle' if you have mis matched tires on the same axle. If you get into an accident and they notice this, you can end up in trouble or even on the end of a tow truck. (silly spare is the exception, but is limited in speed)

The different load rating tires will handle differently when you corner and this can cause the vehicle to sway to the point of loss of control or a spin out on a corner.

Mike

Mike Romain