changing drums on a 200 blazer

Hi guys i read some of the posts and realise there is some very good advice here. I have a 2000 chev Bazer and cannot for the life of me get the discs off. They are drum like to accomodate for the parking brake but i see no screw holding them on. I am looking for tips to get them off. I have removed the brakes and parking brake cable so far.... Any help would be grealy appreciated guys and please keep the " contact a profesional" crap to yourselves.... if i was that smart i wouldnt have taken on the job lol :)

Reply to
machine00067

Shep

Is there anything that would be holding it on like a bolt or should it ride freely? I tried banging the hell outta it but it won't budge my fear is that its stuck in a groove frome the parking break :(

Reply to
machine67

Reply to
Shep

it doesnt seem to budge at all i have whacked it fairly forcefully but it doesnt seem to move maybe more force and violence?

Reply to
machine67

Reply to
Shep

thanks i will try that tomorrow. I have some 3 in one and break dust remover i'll try that stuff and a hammer :P Thanks again guys for the advice. As long as its suposed to come off then i will hopefully get it off

Reply to
machine67

Reply to
Shep

Thanks Shep i got them off with alot of oil and a good sledge hammer :s The new ones are on with new pads and man whata difference. Thanks again.

Reply to
machine67

I had some other penetrant some 3 digit blueish stuff a friend brought over.

By the way if you ever need Electrical Advice give me a hollar i am a Licenced Elctricial in Ottawa, Ontario , Canada ! snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
machine67