Changing P/S, A/C belt on '93 Mazda Protege'?

I'm trying to change the belts on a 1993 Mazda Protege' LX with the

1.8L DOHC engine. It has P/S and A/C. The first belt to remove is the one that goes around the P/S, A/C and crankshaft pulley. I've loosened the two locknuts (one on the Adjuster and one on the P/S pump). I've also loosened the bolt where the P/S pump looks like it pivots. The bolt on the end of the adjuster is also loosened. The belt doesn't seem to be getting any slacker. Ideas?
Reply to
coldje

coldje

I wonder if this is the same on my 93 DX with a SOHC? I am trying to replace the same belt, and cannot seem to get the belt off. I seen o belt tensioner, so what gives?

coldje wrote:

Reply to
karma