Changing Transmission Fluid and Filter on Mazda Millenia V6 2.5 L

Hi

I have a Mazda Millenia 2000 V6 2.5 L (the non-supercharged version) and because of travel / car-pooling, only have 47,000 miles on it..

I've read some Mazda websites and other dealer recommended maintenance schedules, which say to have the tranmission fluid and filter changed at every 50,000 miles. However, when I called my dealer, they said that since it's been 5 years that the transmission fluid has been in there, it's most likely in all the nooks and cranny's in the car, and it will be tough to completely flush it out, and then the newer fluid (to replace whatever drains out) may not gel well with the older fluid and the transmission (which is used to the old fluid), and that this could cause more issues down the line..

Is flushing out the transmission fluid and replacing the filter something I should do at this time, or should I heed the dealer's tech's advice, and not do anything (regarding the transmission fluid)

Thanks

Reply to
Unix_User

To me this sounds like either a misunderstanding or crap.

The transmission is filled with a particular fluid. To top it up you need the same fluid, or if unavailable a compatible fluid. If the tech is telling you the new fluid available is not compatible with the old what is he suggesting ? Run the car until you are out of transmission fluid and then scrap it ?

Other posts on this forum suggest changing the filter is a good idea but not powerflushing.

I would try a new mechanic.

Reply to
marks542004