CHECK ENGINE LIGHT RESET 1994 OLDS 98

HOW DO I GET THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT TO GO OFF WITH OUT PAYING TO HAVE IT RESET?

Reply to
PADDIE

Take out the light bulb?

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

In article , PADDIE wrote: HOW DO I GET THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT TO GO OFF WITH OUT PAYING TO HAVE IT RESET?

------------------------------ Disconect the batterie cable, wait 10 Min. Reconect it. If the lite still comes on? Then take out the bulb.

Reply to
hedd

HOW DO I GET THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT TO GO OFF WITH OUT PAYING TO HAVE IT RESET?

Diagnose and repair the problem. In my area many of the auto parts stores will pull the codes for you. Have the codes pulled but don't buy whatever they try to sell you until you post the codes here and let the group pass on their experience.

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

listen to steve-you are probably paying for it being on as we speak with lower gas mileage and higher emissions. may not be as bad as you think-dollarwise to fix.jp

Reply to
blazerman