Cherokee safety switch bypass

The NSS on my Cherokee has been starting to act bad for quite awhile, a year probably, but I could always start it in nuetral. However the past couple of days it wouldn`t even start then unless I put it in nuetral and moved the Jeep forward a bit which seemed to do something. Or maybe it just coincedentally started after that. I plan to try and adjust or clean the switch but will have to make the time. Until then if I am say 100 miles away up in the mountains and the switch goes up how can I bypass it to just get out of there and back to civilization? I have read a bunch of posts about it and seen links to old sites which no longer work. Can someone give me a step by step on which wires to join to bypass this thing? Thanks

Reply to
Programbo

Here you go:

That has the pinout as well as the adjustment procedure.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail > The NSS on my Cherokee has been starting to act bad for quite awhile,
Reply to
Mike Romain