Chev air bag code 51 cannot clear

Hi, I usually do not work on collision stuff, but for myself I repaired a 2000 Chev pick-up that was wrecked. I replaced the airbag and have used the vehicle for almost a year. Now, it is neccessary for the "Command deployment" trouble light, Code 51 to clear but none of the scanners available to me will clear Code 51. I don't have a dealership connection for their more advanced computer service.

I am guessing that this is a complicated issue (safety) but still a common problem, for anyone fixing roadway damages. Any advise is appreciated.

Larry

Reply to
larry starr