CHEVROLET VENTURE POPPING NOISE

This is a 1999 Chevrolet Venture, with 200,000 kms on it. I bought it and it had one flaw. The intake manifold gasket was broken. I opened it, i replaced the gaskets with brand new ones, and everything was running perfect, but one little sound at the rocking arms came up. I checked, and i forgot that the rocking arms should of been tightened at

45 degrees, where i only did 15 degrees. I re-opened everything, and tighten them. But this time i also changed the sparkplugs and the cables, and the distribuitor. Now i put everything together, and the rocking arm popping was gone, but a bigger flaw came up. Now everytime i accelerate it on low rpm (Parking Gear), it does some popping. Whenever accelerated a bit, it makes a poping sound. Like i press the gas ( and POP right away after pressing on gas). I turned off the engine started it again, everything ran smooth, but as soon as i started to accelerate it a bit, it would POP. At some point it started to POP POPPOPOPOP, so i turned off the engine. Any ideas what that could be? Too tight on the Rocking arms, or spark plugs, or WHAT ELSE could it be!!

THANKS!

Reply to
cosmin.bv

[...]

Slick

If it is popping back threw intake it is a valve not opening right. Go back over rocker arms and push rods. Some have long and short push rods. Check for a tight one or one not opening valve. MT

Reply to
MT-2500

Thanks MT-2500, that was the exact problem my friend. Thanks a lot for all your replays, and yet, MT-2500 is the only one who actually guessed the problem.

Reply to
cosmin.bv

You are welcome. Glad we could help. And thanks for posting back on how it went. Glad you got it going and. Good Luck with it. MT

Reply to
MT-2500