Chevy Fuel pump removal

I need to take out my space frame fuel pump out of a 96 2.2 S10 to check for some problems. The shop manual says there is a special tool to remove the plastic frame from the fuel tank. It does not show a picture of it in the shop manual. Is it necessary to have this special tool to remove the fuel pump assembly? I assume its something like a plumbers wrench. Can you remove the pump with normal tools if your careful and not destroy it?? I assume the assembly turns a 1/2 turn a lifts out, but i have not seen one of these done before. Any tips on this?

BOB

Reply to
BOB URZ