chevy: fuel tank, removing fill limiter valve - how much force?

'99 Cavalier. I got the tank out. To extract the limiter valve assembly, the book calls for a J43288, and I seem to have misplaced mine. It doesn't come free when I turn it by hand. The body is kind of soft plastic.

Can I use (large) pliers on this, or can I tap one of the tabs with a drift?

Thanks, George

Reply to
George