Chevy/Geo Prizm exhaust pipe question

While looking to buy Chevy/Geo Prizm, I noticed that the exhaust pipe between catalytic converter and muffler is such that it is bolted to the muffler while welded into catalytic converter. I looked at 4 cars, between 2 and 4 year old, and all were same. I had expected that both ends of exhaust pipe, at converter and at muffler, be bolted (as it is in my 88 Chevy Nova). I am wondering if it was incredible coincidence that all 4 cars I looked at had it serviced in some cheapo muffler shop where they simply welded pipe into catalytic converter. If anyone own Chevy/Geo Prizm with known history of exhaust pipe, please be kind to look under your car and let me know how exhaust pipe is attached between catalytic converted and muffler: bolted or welded from factory. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
grunt100