Circuit for solid state dynamo regulator-Help

Somebody can help me to find a electronic schematic circuit for building a solid state regulator for dynamo for charge car's battery?

Thanks

Ciao,

MAX

Reply to
maxitubo

Ive seen those designs in some electronic components manufacturers literature. Dont know if I still have them around, but maybe.

If you are not capable of designing such a regulator, why do you want to build one? You can buy them off the shelf that are well engineered and developed.

Reply to
<HLS

When electronic regulators first came out there were a bunch of articles in various hobby electronics mags for such circuits. These articles also appeared in the annuals for these mags. Check your local library to see if they have such "annuals" or compendiums for mags such as Modern Electronics or Popular Electronics from the seventies.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

Try

, a site with forums and thousands of links to electronics subjects, or a circuit encyclopedia book, like Modern Electronic Circuits Reference Manual, by John Markus, which has a chapter specifically for automotive electronics.

Motorola (now called On Semi), Philips Semiconductor, and ST Microelectronics make chips for this purpose, and a collection of 555 timer circuits may have a suitable circuit. But it may be easier to simply adapt an external alternator regulator, such as one of Chrysler's for 1970s cars.

Reply to
do_not_spam_me

I guess the question is, what alternator are we talking about here? I do know the Chrysler regulator works on not only the alternators it was intended for, but earlier Chrysler and Prestolite alternators as well, and is about $12 at your FLAPS.

nate

Reply to
N8N

By "Dynamo," I assume he is talking about a DC generator rather than an alternator.

In this case, a series pass regulator built with a 10A power transistor and a 13.8V reference will go a long way toward keeping your battery from being overcharged at high speeds.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

The circuit for solid state regulators is the same in either case. Both are controlled by controlling strength of current in the field coil, which is DC for either type. DC is sensed, (after diodes for alternator), compared to a set point voltage, and any error changes strength of field current.

Reply to
Don Stauffer