Cleaning leather seats

We have a Mercedes E320 and bought it used a year ago. It's a 2004. The seats were starting to look dirty so I used this stuff on them

because of the chemical in it, or because I was rubbing too hard (? don't think I was), it appears the finish was coming off as well as the dirt. The seats are light beige colored and I noticed black or gray on the towel from the dirt, but after that the towel was picking up mostly the light beige color and apparently wearing off the finish. And there's a "wear spot" with darker brown leather showing through now. Anyone had this problem with this product or any other? Is the finish "worn" somehow, or the product not safe? I'm amazed this is happening, need to figure out what to do next, thanks.

Reply to
jeffc

Shep

Sounds like the original color(darker brown) was dyed before you got the car & the after-market dye is coming off. Sorry, but I've seen it numerous times. The factory dye is typically not nearly so easily removed. s

Reply to
sdlomi2

Huh? I doubt it. I'm pretty sure it's the original color. The leather is in good shape, and there's an awful lot of trim leather that would have to have been dyed to match. I don't see any reason for that.

Reply to
jeffc

============= Check leatherique.com Not the least costly, but seems to work the best

Reply to