comfortable riding midsize car

In the older years, and living in a growing city. The roads have numerous cuts and patches upon patches.

Seems like the newer models have lower profile tires, and stiffer springs for handling, but are becoming bone jarring on this types of road.

Is there one midsize vehicle that stands out for comfort.?

Reply to
chevychase

We had a 2010 Dodge Avenger that was very comfortable and got very good mileage. Standard suspension, tires and wheels. Our Charger also rides very smooth.

Reply to
Robert Grimes

Just look for the biggest, heaviest, 70s/80s boat you can find. You'll think you've died and gone to heaven. Paying for the gas might be hell, though.

Reply to
dsi1

BUT my '88 Eldorado wallows and bottoms easily in the 'trenches' where residential streets come together and I have to take the speed humps at

15 in a 25 mph zone.
Reply to
The Real Bev

Some people say the old Citroen (French car) cars have a wonderful ride. But working on them can be a nightmare. Don't buy a nightmare car.

Reply to
JR

I think your main problem is that you're driving too fast. 15 in a 25 mph zone sounds about right. Forget about rushing, take your time and enjoy that cushy ride. If you wear a pork pie hat and drive slowly, nobody's gonna be messing with you - not much anyway.

Reply to
dsi1

... so long as you're not black (anywhere), Mexican or of other "dark" complexion, particularly in specific locales.

Reply to
.

Thanks, I feel SOOO much better now! More relaxed. Life is good. No need to hurry. I think I'll just stop here and take a nice na

Reply to
The Real Bev

I didn't think it was worth mentioning but yeah... of course. :-)

Reply to
dsi1

Watch out for that truk... aah... never mind.

Reply to
dsi1

Ashton Crusher

I'd say ditch the low-profile tyres, and put on the smallest wheels that fit over the brakes. You'll probably get them cheap at the wreckers because nobody wants them. Then sell the original wheels on Gumtree (if you didn't already scrape them on the kerb).

Reply to
pedro1492

Steve McQueen, The Hunter movie. That big car (all decked out) in that parking area in that tall round building in Chicago.

Reply to
JR

Images & story:

AMuzi

Hilarious!

Reply to
chevychase

For the record -- all four shocks (struts?) are leaking, which probably explains the 'wallowing' it does. At $700-$1K for the set, it's going to be wallowing for the rest of its life. Should this have happened at

70-80K? AC is blown too.
Reply to
The Real Bev

That Eldo probably has air leveling ,that's the reason for the $$$. BUT there are a couple outfits that made conversion kits that used conventional parts to eliminate the air ride.

Reply to
Steve W.

No, it doesn't. A friend's does and it cost a lot more to have those replaced. One more stupid thing that we'd be better off without but have to replace when it dies.

Reply to
The Real Bev

Also, check tire pressure. The majority of people - be they shop technicians, tire installers, or ordinary customers - put the WRONG PSI in their tires: the Max Cold Pressure inscribed on the tire itself. They just simply don't know any better!

Check for a sticker on the driver's side A-pillar, inflate to that pressure, and obey any front-rear differential, IE: F-34psi R-31psi. Those pressures take into account optimum pressures for evasive maneuver tests, sudden stops, etc.

Add 2psi to those numbers if the ride seems too mushy, as long as doing so does not exceed Max Cold pressure inscribed on tires. I do so, and have zero complaints about the ride & handling on my avg. midsize sedan.

Reply to
thekmanrocks

The 88 Seville I had did have that. That was nutty. Most times the ass would be dragging. Sometimes the rear would be up like a bitch in heat. Unless you're a Mexican, this is no way for your car to act. Hee hee.

Reply to
dsi1