CONVERSION FROM R12 TO R134 FOR MY 1989 LINCOLN TOWN CAR

ANYTHING OTHER THAN CHANGING O RINGS AND COMPRESSOR OIL FOR THIS JOB?

Reply to
MCYTWO

Probably...

And your shift key is stuck...

Reply to
M.M.

your best bet is to have the change-over done by an authorized a-c shop.

you'll think you are saving money, but most likely you'll end-up - HOT.

mho v=83e

Reply to
fiveiron

Reply to
Shep

You might get some help at

Changing the O-rings, flushing the system, refilling with the appropriate compressor lubricant, evacuating and recharging with 134 seems to be the simplest way out.

Some say you should change to barrier type hoses, but others say it is not necessary.

I have to do one myself soon, and have been reading a little about it, but have not completed the project yet.

Reply to
<HLS

I checked this out, Shep, but found only radiator information. Maybe the wrong link?

Reply to
<HLS