convert waste CO2 into diesel fuel

Kind of strikes me as the same as using electricity to electrolyze water into hydrogen and oxygen. No net gain. As long as we are using fossil fuel for generating most of our electricity, this doesn't seem to make sense.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

You've never heard of photosynthesis?

AZ Nomad

One of those stores which sell scientific thingys, they sell a little toy kit car that is solar powered and converts water into hydrogen. I fact, a guy in Colorado bought one and put it together for a science class project. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

This can only be economical if (1) power is cheap, (2) fossil fuels are high, and (3) the world begins to recognize that we need to take CO2 out of the atmosphere.

Now, as another poster mentioned, photosynthesis can do the job...in a number of ways.

Reply to
hls

On the web, SunHydro

I saw something about that a couple of hours ago on local tv news. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin