Crosley Cars.

Yeah, that's the ticket.I want me a Crosley Station Wagon for going to the food store. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Cool! Love the purple!

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Well, I do have a Crosley engine in my TQ vintage race car, but wouldn't mind a full car. The price has gotten a bit too high for me. The one I really want is the Hotshot, ne Super Sport.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

CoBra or cast iron?

nate

Reply to
N8N

Back in the 1950s, when my dad and I were at a local gas station, there was a Crosley car parked by the gas pumps.I remember asking my dad to buy that Crosley car for me.

In 1949, my dad bought a second hand Doodlebug motor scooter for me.My sisters rode that motor scooter more than I ever did.I still have one of the Doodlebug engine cover thingys here.I don't remember whatever became of the rest of that Doodlebug motor scooter.

I remember our first gas engine lawnmower.I thought that gas engine lawnmower was the greatest invention since sliced bread. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Hmm, they are so proud of Crosley cars they don't even bother putting a photo of one on their homepage.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Ashton Crusher wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

The AACA museum in Hershey used to have an open Crosley (a Hotshot?) on their basement floor next to the buses. You were allowed to sit in it and play with the controls.

It was cute, but awfully tiny inside; it felt tinier than an original Mini. The long, cranked shift lever had a ton of play in it and moved in an up- and-down motion when changing gears, which felt awkward to this modern-car driver.

Reply to
Tegger

Cast iron. In fact, most of the blocks folks around here use in TQs are later than the original Crosleys. Crosley sold rights to engine to several concerns. They used them for electric generators and for driving refrigeration units.

Web page on my car;

Don Stauffer

I like those little, old, race cars.Many years ago, some people would buy second hand Ford Model Ts for about $5.00 and soup the engines up and nothing but a seat to sit on and race those hot rod Model Ts.Modern day auto racing stems from Moonshiners, Rum Runners and Bootleggers. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Well, pretty cars abound:

Best of all, we won't run out of them in my lifetime!

Reply to
AMuzi

A few weeks ago, somebody in the rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled newsgroup was looking for an airconditioning unit for their aircooled VW.Maybe you might know of something that could help them? cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

People must have been a lot smaller way back when. If you go look at some of the first pickup trucks the cabs can be incredibly small.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

I think most people were thinner way back then.All that junk food out there, America is becoming a nation of fatsos now. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Ashton Crusher wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

They /were/ slightly smaller.

6-feet heights were much rarer 70 years ago than today; nutrition and health care are much better now than 70 years ago.

Take a look at today's kids. My father was 6" even; I'm 6'2"; when I was

20, I was usually the tallest one around where I was, but now (at age 48) there are scads of 20-somethings who are well over that. I have two nephews who are 6'4".

Vehicle interiors were naturally narrower, back then, because the bodies were contoured to fit the frame, which necked down in order to pass inside the front wheels. And the steering wheels were made large and close to the driver so he would have lots of leverage.

Reply to
Tegger

They were shorter too. Average height is going up.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

Some of those old cars, if you were wearing a Top Hat, you wouldn't have to remove your Top Hat when you got in those cars.They had a lot of headroom. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

My dad used to work at Chrysler. The story was, the chairman would always try the new models wearing a hat. Some versions said it was a top hat, others just a dress hat. He had to be able to get into car without removing hat.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

Don Stauffer wrote in news:4b7ea6dd$0$87074 $ snipped-for-privacy@news.qwest.net:

That was K.T. Keller. His decision to elevate engineering over styling almost bankrupted Chrysler.

Virgil Exner's "forward look" of 1955 eventually saved the company, but it still needed a bailout from Prudential Insurance in 1956 in order to avoid going under.

Reply to
Tegger

Some of the best looking Chrysler products EVER!!

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Won't be much longer untill my Daffodils will be blooming.I want a Daffodil car.That would be just right, parked by my Daffodils.

cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin