Cruise control (after-market install)

I'm trying to install an after-market cruise control system (Audiovox CCS-100) on a 1995 Toyota Tercel. I know it's not much of a car, but, we use it as our run-around vehicle and it does get an honest 33± miles per gallon.

Question: I would sure like to install it within the driver's reach. Ideally, I would like to place the control on the steering wheel. Maximum turn of the wheel is a little more than one revolution. Any ideas about how I could "wrap" the wires around the column so that it doesn't bind, or look too stupid. I am willing to remove the steering wheel along with the airbag and place the wires out of sight. They would still need to twist one full turn when in use. I have full instructions on how to remove wheel, airbag etc. and have done it before.

Do I jury-rig, mount the wires externally to the column, or try to go inside? All ideas appreciated.

Thanks, Ivan Vegvary

Reply to
Ivan Vegvary

It belongs on either the turn signal stalk or the windshield wiper stalk.

Putting it on the steering wheel itself needlessly complicates matters.

Reply to
anumber1