Crushing clunkers.

If that had happened, Mexico might have wound up with a functioning government and economy in the process. Then we wouldn't have such a serious immigration issue.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

At least two public opinion polls (non scientific, of course) have shown that a majority of Texans responding would prefer Texas to be an independent nation again.

Reply to
hls

Technically, Texas is a Republic.

Remember The ALAMO! cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Speaking of Texas, I was at Fort Hood for ten months in 1965.I bought a

1961 VW van from Steakley Chevrolet used cars in Killeen. cuhulin
Reply to
cuhulin

Your history is a bit faulty. After the war with Mexico, many Texans did not want to join the union, but were pushed to do so. Sam Houston was one of the prime movers to get this to happen.

Admittedly, Texas was in financial trouble in those days.

It isnt presently.

Even if we were an independent nation, the USA would not condone the US of Mexico invading.

The biggest problem I would have with independent but harmonious nation status is not the wealth...we have that. It is the lack of competent people from which to form a new government. Rick Perry (ROTFLMAO), Kay Bailey Hutchinson (vomiting violently), Kinky ,the Texas Jewboy (proved he hadnt a plan, less of a clue).

We are as poor in the sense of leadership as is the USA.

Reply to
hls

Well, that's what they wanted until the Mexican Army approached the Rio Grande. Then it was all about US gov't bail outs. I say cut them loose (but not before relocating federal assets) and let the Mexicans take another shot at them.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Not since it joined the union.

Reply to
E. Meyer

Auto dealers paid just 2 percent of 'clunkers claims'. Congressman says (You have been punked)

Maybe/Hopefully, next time, All auto dealers will not go for that phoney baloney cash for clunkers crap! cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin