Curbside Classic Site - What do you see?

curbsideclassic.com

Reply to
thekmanrocks

Failed to Connect

The connection was refused when attempting to contact

Though the site seems valid, the browser was unable to establish a connection.

Could the site be temporarily unavailable? Try again later. Are you unable to browse other sites? Check the computer's network connection. Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

The site resolves to 198.245.49.139 which is somewhere in the ovh spam factory in Quebec City. There does appear to be good connectivity to that machine (surprising, considering how many people block traffic from ovh) but there's no web service from it at all.

There is an ssh server on it, so you can tell that it's running a rather recent version of FreeBSD.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Paul from Houston:

Funny thing is I'm still getting e-mail notifications of new posts/comments to curbside. But when I click to go to the article - on my phone, my tablet, or my PC, I get the same thing. "Not found" or "not connected to the server".

This started happening just yesterday. Been visiting and leaving comments on the site for 3 months.

Weird.

Reply to
thekmanrocks

Paul from Houston:

Funny thing is I'm still getting e-mail notifications of new posts/comments to curbside. But when I click to go to the article - on my phone, my tablet, or my PC, I get the same thing. "Not found" or "not connected to the server".

This started happening just yesterday. Been visiting and leaving comments on the site for 3 months.

Weird.

Reply to
thekmanrocks

Email server might be working but the web server appears to be down. Might be temporary equipment failure or hacked. Or gone forever.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

Latest from a Curbside Administrator:

"No, this extended CC crash was not related to the cut fiber cable just over a week ago. This time, I may have caused it. The site was running very slow and unresponsive yesterday afternoon, and I thought I'd try a server re-boot. That often worked well on our virtual private servers, but apparently on this dedicated server, that was not a good idea. It caused a major crash, and our pro had run a program all night to make sure no files had been damaged. And then... Anyway, we're back up, ans with all of the new content scheduled for today. We're going to call that Thursday's content now, and push off the schedule. So take your time and savor what's up through tomorrow."

Mystery explained! lol

Reply to
thekmanrocks

Thank you for the info! Much appreciated.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

Nice website it is. I think I visited it about a year or so ago. I will check it out again.

Reply to
JR

Reply to
moosevu