Custom cars

Hey everyone, I've been thinking lately about custom cars and all the legislation that is being put in place to control a sector of the automotive industry that relies on being out of someone elses control. I mean, we are modifying our cars to speak to other people but how can we do that when we are being limited? Does this fall under the freedom of speach act? It doesn't but I think it should. As long as noone is strapping on rocket launchers what harm is it if my rims are 44inches? I wanna know what you all think so please write me. custom car nut

customcarhouse

I'm definatly with you on that. The government allows the manufacture of aftermarket parts, lets us buy them and then fines us when we install them. Maybe someone should say something to someone. If anyone knows how to lobby the government on this please let me know. thanks custom joe

Reply to
custom joe

What a coincidence. You posted this from the exact same IP address as the guy you replied to, within seven minutes of the original article. Same newsreader as the other guy, too.

Reply to
clifto

Why should I be in favor of allowing you to drive around with your modded car that has such wonderful mods as lowering kits that drop sections of the undercarriage lower than the rims, and other safety goodies? Do you really think I want to be behind you when your roach coach pops a tire and you lose control of it because of your stupid idiot mods?

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt