cv boot replacement-split type

Does anyone know of a good manufacturer of split type cv boot replacements?

I would think that after all this time, someone would have come up with a decent product.

thanks.

Reply to
Jeff

Seconded. I can spend 40-50 on a boot kit, or 100-110 on an axle.

The axle is a LOT less work, and has a lifetime warranty.

Reply to
Stephen Bigelow

I bought a spare boot from a company called EZ Boot

which I plan to use if I notice a crack in one of my boots. Even though you still have to remove the hub from the driveshaft, you don't have to remove the driveshaft from the tranny.

I had a mechanic replace a cracked boot (already breached and leaking) a while back...40000 miles later joint & boot is still good. All he did was wipe the old grease off, put on the new grease and boot - he didn't diassemble the joint.

Reply to
Murphy

Approximately 8/7/03 07:16, Murphy uttered for posterity:

J C Whitney carries the two piece boots as a kit with a sealer, grease etc. Dunno how good they are.

Reply to
Lon Stowell